PaperModels.pl

Pełna wersja: Messerschmitt Me 209 V4 / M 1:33 / MODELIK
Aktualnie przeglądasz uproszczoną wersję forum. Kliknij tutaj, by zobaczyć wersję z pełnym formatowaniem.
Hello, I've just ended this model. It took me a while... Sorry for my  [us]. Here's the photos:

[Obrazek: 102mq.jpg]
[Obrazek: 103mdd.jpg]
[Obrazek: 104mr.jpg]
[Obrazek: 105me.jpg]
[Obrazek: 106mo.jpg]
[Obrazek: 107mk.jpg]
[Obrazek: 108me.jpg]
[Obrazek: 109mr.jpg]
[Obrazek: 110mmg.jpg]
[Obrazek: 111mw.jpg]
[Obrazek: 112mt.jpg]
[Obrazek: 113ma.jpg]
[Obrazek: 114mw.jpg]
[Obrazek: 115me.jpg]
[Obrazek: 116mye.jpg]
[Obrazek: 117mg.jpg]
[Obrazek: 118mq.jpg]
[Obrazek: 120md.jpg]
[Obrazek: 119mw.jpg]

Pozdrawiam  PDT_Armataz_01_25
Nice one:] :milbravo:
Hello! Excellent work! This is first gallery of this model on Internet I've seen. What about fit of this project? Have You any problems in build?
Great job and photos. Maybe this is only my illusion, but i think the leading edge is too sharp. The cap looks great,  you used CA and paint it, right?
Pozdrawiam PDT_Armataz_01_15
Looks good!  PDT_Armataz_01_34
I'm with Mazielony, the spinner looks great, just like the wing tips . Pretty impressive color matching skills!  :milbravo:
The leading edge on the wings looks a bit fatigued unfortunately.
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
NICE!!!

It's way more interesting than classic Bf 109. And way more beautiful! I haven't ever seen this model before, thanks for making me more aware Wink Can't wait to see more pics of your masterpieces Wink

Cheers!
Hello  PDT_Armataz_01_01 Thank You guys for kind words  PDT_Armataz_01_18

Kroolo: I‘ve heard that this model is not very popular (don‘t know why) amongst modellers. I‘ve searched the Internet through and sought only one Latin guy building this model at super-detailed rate. But I think he‘s dropped it, because there is no update since 2008 year  :mil1:. Here‘s the link (if your administrators or moderators won‘t argue): http://www.war2hobby.cl/foro/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2114
About fit: I think the fit of this model is good, except of only minor details. I had some difficulties fitting the engine, rear fuselage and wings. But there is a tiny limit between designer (Lukasz Fuczek) mistakes and mine. I didn‘t add any custom work to engine – so it doesn‘t look like the strongest part of this model. The wing skin didnt‘ fit well with formers, so they ended in not very good shape – I‘m very dissapointed with them... Don‘t know why, but rear fuselage skin was too small for the formers, so I had to grind them very well. Another thing – there were no inner doors of  main landing gear in model journal – I had to scratchbuild it myself. Also I added more details  to this model (mainly on landing gear), based on David Myhra‘s book „Messerschmitt Me 209 V1“.

Mazielony: Could You explain more where those „leading edges“ and „cap“ are (maybe mark them on my photos). If You thinking about cap, what I‘m thinking, so yes, I impregnated it with CA and grinded many many times. Then I added many layers of Capon and paint. Again, I‘m very sorry if I‘m making a mistake putting this link in your forum: http://www.modeliuok.lt/forum/viewtopic....54608b9abc
There is all building process, although in Lithuanian, but I think You‘ll manage to understand it from photos.

cotlet: About the color: The color of this prototype is not  clear to these days. Various sources suggest, that it was RLM 02 ( I would definetaly argue with that) or maybe RLM 63. I myself added RLM 76 from PACTRA Acrylic Enamel. But this color changed after many thinning with vodka to my score  :mil11: I chose this color when studied „Monografie Lotnicze 44“ and sought Wrobel‘s profiles. It has a slight sky blue tone. So I decided that RLM 76 color will do the job  PDT_Armataz_01_18. In addition, MODELIK‘s poligraphic color didn‘t satisfy me at all (you can see this color in landing gear bays). Also, one modeller suggested, that this prototype had RLM 02 splotches. Here's the link to his build: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Fe...ta/00.shtm. I found one photo, which had a suspicion, that it was true (unfortanately – can‘t find it now).

bonk: Unfortunately, i don‘t have any more masterpieces, because this is my only first true model. I had made one or two models before, but they were only training and total junk  PDT_Armataz_01_18.
(02-12-2011, 06:47)geris link napisał(a):In addition, MODELIK‘s poligraphic color didn‘t satisfy me at all (you can see this color in landing gear bays).
Frankly, the look of panel lines on your model, and especially the look of the tail gave me an impression that the whole model is painted. I don't have this kit, so I couldn't be sure. I thought that maybe you retouched some places and left the original print color in others. Anyway, pretty impressive results! Knowing what you've done with this model makes it even more interesting. Cool!

ps. To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with links to other forums on this site :mrgreen:
I presume everybody has got some not-mater-skill-made models on ones account - somewhere we all have to start (see myself - always could do better but somehow I manage to cock some stuff up). I think whatever gives the experience and lets you to do what you showing here deserves more than being called "junk":]

I checked that link to super-dooper quality model and have to say there is some stuff I consider checking off ad using in not too distant futureTongue

Carry on with good work ad show it off hereBig Grin

Cheers!
cotlet: Sorry, I didn't mention, that yes, I repainted all model with many layers of thinned paint. Only Swastika, Balkenkreuz'es, snake and other emblems are original Wink Panel lines are made with shadowing (Pactra RLM 70)  PDT_Armataz_01_18
When i' was saying „leading edges“ i mean thoes one:

[Obrazek: efeb367099668b4bmed.jpg]

For me they are too sharp, and not linear or as i said this is only illusion. In the other hand cotlet called them "bit fatigued" so i think you should be more careful next time. I've watched your relation (story), could you explain how you made wheels? They aren't paper rings sticked together, grinded and painted. it looks like pur foam (Polyurethane Foam).
regards

P.S.
i think that you should consider idea to start story on papermodels. Maybe word "start" isn't proper here becouse you have already made gallery. but as someone mentioned this isn't popular model and relation propably will be helpful for thoes ones who decide to build it in future and not necessarily know Lithuanian :-)
Mazielony: Yes, the leading edges are too sharp and fatigued. I think „fatigued“ is very exact word to this matter. I‘ve already mentioned, that I had some difficulties fixing wing skin to frame. This problem is not only for leading edges, sadly it considers all wings too. Looking from front, wings are more in linear form „—„, but they should‘ve been more in „V“ form. Sadly, wings are most unpleasant part for me in model building – I just can‘t make them right. Next time I‘ll consider fillingl frames with some kind of foam, so they wouldn‘t be fatigued.
I don‘t mind loading model building process (relation) here, but it is way too big work for me to go through the same process again. Let‘s do it in another way: if someone will ask me to explain, how I did one thing or another (like You asked me about wheels and spinner) – I will load some photos from my Lithuanian thread and translate it in English, ok?  And if somebody of You, colleagues, will be doing this model (I hope to see it very much), I shall try to help in every way I can.

So about those wheels:
They aren’t made from foam, it is simple electric cord. I took cord, which in diameter is a little bit smaller than tire diameter (You can see it in first photo),wound up on the pen shaft, glued it’s ends together with CA. Then I grinded resulted ring sides: [Obrazek: 060mp.jpg]

After that I made graduated disks and small protector leaves and started glueing on tire one by one. All is measured from wheels depicted in journal (in photo). You can see all process in this photo: [Obrazek: 061mv.jpg]

Then I impregnated internal tire parts with CA and started grinding. This kind of grinding is a long and hard way. All in all I suggest using grinder or drill: [Obrazek: 062mn.jpg] [Obrazek: 063mq.jpg]

And the result (painted andwith disks):
[Obrazek: 068mqf.jpg]

Pozdrawiam